1. Name, Age, Hometown:
Evanni Roberson, 18, Puyallup, Wash.
2. Do you have a nickname?
3. Where do you live to train? (Not your hometown unless you train in hometown).
4. When and why did you first become interested in gymnastics?
I first became interested in gymnastics when I was 6. I took a mini-me class at Sprinker in Spanaway.
5. When did you decide you wanted to compete?
And, when did you want to compete on the elite level? What about competition appeals to you? I never really decided, it was decided for me when I was in Level 7 (10 years old). I really like performing, having fun, and showing everyone my hard work.
6. What is your training regimen? Was that a big change when you made the switch to competitive gymnastics?
I get to gym at 3:15, tape up, ice if I need to, 3:30-4 warm-ups, and from 4-8, we just do events with an hour of conditioning. Five days a week. The practices are more intense, harder, and longer.
7. What is your event?
I compete all four. My best event is vault.
8. What music do you use for your floor routine?
Hip-hop or pop music. Right now, I am using work it by Missy Elliott.
9. Who is your idol?
Right now, I really look up to Simone Biles. She still finds time to have fun.
10. How has gymnastics helped you as a person?
By teaching me how to perserve and keep going when times get tough, and to never give up.
11. What grade are you in and where do you go to school?
Senior and Emerald Ridge High School.
12. Do you want to compete in collegiate gymnastics?
Yeah, I am committed to University of Washington.
13. What are your favorite subjects?
Social Studies, and that’s pretty much it.
14. What do you want to study at college?
Either education or business.
15. What are your goals for the future, both as an athlete and after you are finished competing?
My goals as an athlete is just to make a big impact at UW and contribute as much as I can to the team. Just be successful as a teacher or business owner. I might want to open my own gym.
16. When you are not in the gym, how do you spend your time? Hobbies or favorite activities?
I am either with my family or with my friends. We like to go to the waterfront in Tacoma, maybe see a movie. My friends and I go to BJ’s a lot and Applebees. With my family, we like to go to Samarui’s.
17. What is your favorite food?
Pepperoni pizza – I like to get it from Maude Pizza.
18. Favorite movie?
The Breakfast Club.
19. Favorite music group?
Right now, it is ASAP Rocky.
20. Do you have any competition rituals? Lucky charms?
21. If you had to pick three words to describe yourself as a gymnast, what would they be?
Fierce, Confident, and Leader.
22. If you had to pick three words to describe yourself not as a gymnast, what would they be?
Weird, Crazy, and funny.